The 12W1v3-4 is best used with amplifier power in the 75W – 300W range and is optimized to operate in a compact 1.10 cu. ft. (31.5 l) sealed enclosure.
Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 300W
Recommended RMS Amplifier Power: 75 – 300W
Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 Ohms
JL AUDIO 12W1V3-4 12″ SUBWOOFER (300 W, 4 Ω)
The 12W1v3 is a lightweight 12-inch driver with excellent performance capabilities at moderate power levels. It features moderate mounting depth with no pole-vent, so the rear of the motor structure can be placed directly against an enclosure boundary. Excellent excursion capability and linearity allow it to reproduce sub-bass with shocking extension and quality. Several of JL Audio proprietary technologies enhance its performance and reliability.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 300 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power 75 – 300 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom) 4 Ω
- Nominal Diameter 12.0 in / 300 mm
- Overall Diameter (A) 12.5 in / 318 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (B) 11.0625 in / 281 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle (C) 11.7 in / 297 mm
- Magnet Diameter (D) 5.25 in / 133 mm
- Mounting Depth (E) 5.41 in / 137 mm
- Driver Displacement 0.052 cu ft / 1.47 L
- Net Weight 12.2 lb / 5.5 kg
- Free Air Resonance (Fs) 26.21 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes) 0.535
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms) 8.2
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts) 0.502
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas) 2.706 cu ft / 76.63 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)* 0.45 in / 11 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no) 0.2500%
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)** 86.1 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd) 81.426 sq in / 0.0525 sq m
- DC Resistance (Re) 3.915 Ω
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** Efficiency (1 W / 1 m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is “louder”.